- SUBR Catalogs
- Re-Admit Students
- Cross Registration
- Residency Requirements
- Commencement Information
- Commencement Participation Policy
- Transcript Request
- Rights, Duties & Responsibilities of Students
- Academic Clemency
- Auditing a Course
- Class Attendance
- Course Load
- Student Conduct
- Student Records
- System of Grading
- Withdrawal from the University
How to Begin the Process
Admission to SUBR is the first step安徽快3计划员 to receiving your VA educational benefits. Once you have applied for admission and have been accepted, you can begin the process to receive benefits.
The SUBR Application Fee is waived for all U.S. veterans, per Louisiana's Board of Regents, the governing body for all institutions of Higher Education in the state. Proof of current military service or a DD214 military separation form is required to provide this waiver.
Louisiana statute RS 13:5364 defines "veteran" for purposes of this fee waiver as a former or current member of the U.S. Armed Forces or organized militia of the several states and territories, including but not limited to a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, National Guard, Air National Guard, Reserves, State Guard, or a commissioned officer of the Public Health Service, Environmental Science Services Administration, or National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or its predecessor, the U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey.
Veterans Affairs Instructions
- Enroll in the University
- Apply for VA benefits via web
- Pay required tuition and fees
- Submit VA fact sheet (schedule) each semester
- Report any changes
School Responsibilities - The following information provides the basic responsibilities of an educational institution (school)
- Report Enrollment
- Keep VA informed of the enrollment status of veterans and other eligible persons
- Keep the State Approving Agency (SAA) informed
- Keep up-to-date on current VA rules and benefits
- Responsibilities for maintaining records of VA students and making the records available for inspection
- Schools are encouraged, but are not required by VA to
- Assist VA students in applying for education benefits
- Assist VA students with issues regarding payment
Benefits Administered by VA
- MGIB-SR Chapter 1606.
- REAP Chapter 1607.MGIB Active Duty Chapter 30.
- Post-9/11 GI Bill Chapter 33.
- Dependants' Educational Assistance Program (DEA) Chapter 35
How To Apply For Benefits
- Completed VA Form 22-1990 -Veteran
- Complete VA Form 22-5490 - Dependants
What Is Entitlement?
- Entitlement is the amount of monthly full time benefits a claimant will receive.
- Up to 36 months for MGIB.
- Up to 48 months for combined benefit types
- VA refers to these as "kickers." There are kickers for chapters MGIB, VEAP, and MGIB-SR
How Long Does Processing Take?
Processing times depend on a number of variables such as the time of year, the current workload pending at the Regional Processing Office (RPO), the amount of development needed on the claim, etc..
How Are Benefits Paid?
- Benefits are paid monthly for the previous month
- Based on a 30 day calendar month.
- Prorated for partial months.
- Prorated for less than full time training.
- Include college funds or kickers.
- Always paid in arrears
- MGIB claimants certifying enrollment may do so at the end of a month by:
- Web Automated Verification of Enrollment on the GIBILL web site.
- Interactive Voice Response at 1-877-823-2378
- Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid (C. Carter)
- Louisiana residents only
- Louisiana Fee exemption certificate
- Contact local VA Service Office
For More Information:
- 1-888-GIBILL1 (442-4551)-to speak with a Education Case Manager.
SUBR Veterans Affairs
Office of the Registrar
P.O. Box 9454
T.H. Harris Hall 1014
Baton Rouge, LA 70813
Business Contact Information
安徽快3计划员The Office of Enrollment Service is located on the 1st Floor of T.H. Harris Hall, P.O. Box 9454, Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70813. Phone: (225) 771-JAGS; Fax: (225) 771-5064
**With the Exception of State authorized holiday closing, and other university approved closures**