Wilderness Garden Preserve
Pala, CA 92059
San Diego County
More Photos of our experience: click here
Cost: $3.00 for parking
Self Pay at parking lot. Place money in the envelopes provided at the information kiosk area.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday-Monday
A few things to know before you start:
- No pets and bicycles are allowed.
- Bring drinking water.
- Picnic area & porta potty at the parking area.
Trails: 5 trails at the Wilderness Garden Preserve
- The Alice Fries Trail- half-mile loop trail
- The Main Trail- easy hike with restrooms and park benches found along the trail to enjoy nature
- The Upper Meadow Trail- most scenic trail/moderate to difficult level
- The Pond Loop- view waterfowl and migratory birds
- The Camellia Trail- short loop trail
Trail head: walk on the dirt road that says “Authorized Vehicles only” to find The Main Trail. We walked along the main trail then connected with the Upper Meadow Trail this trail has great views but a moderate to difficult walk. Next, we walked down to the Pond Loop Trail. The pond had several waterfowl in it. Lastly, we connected back to The Main Trail. The trails are well maintained with great signs to follow.
Good Hiking! Good Birding!