The 30-year plan is what Kevin & I want to do & see in the next 30 years. This is a rough draft. I hope you enjoy it and can add to your 30 year plan.
I would love your help adding to the list, leave a link to your ideas in the comment section or just put your ideas in the comment section.
We like wildlife refuges, birdwatching, yummy food, farmers markets, national parks, national monuments, ocean views, scenic drives, forest areas, interesting museums, out-of-the-way places..etc
Park your rig at the 411 Drive-In for a night of old-fashioned movie fun.
Russellville: Dismal Canyon North Alabama
- American Indian Legend
- Glow worms
- Rock formations such as Witches Cavern and Outlaw’s Hideout
- Lge Hemlock trees and waterfalls
DAUPHIN ISLAND, AL
- Shell Island Park
- Indian Shell Mound Park
- Denali National Park
- Gates of the Arctic National Park
- Glacier Bay National Park
- Katmai National Park
- Kenai Fjords National Park
- Kobuk Valley national Park
- Lake Clark National Park
Cruise Glacier Bay in Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska.
- Wildlife sightings such as puffins, otters and grizzly bears
- Day-long cruises
- In the evening, enjoy an exciting whale-watching cruise
Things to See
- Visit Alaska’s capital of Juneau
- Pack some extra sweaters and head up to Fairbanks come winter. Witness the Northern Lights in all their glory.
- Summer Festival in June -2 dys Midnight Sun Festival in Fairbanks
- Ride the Alaska Ferry into Haines Hitch-Up RV Park and view the breathtaking scenery of the Last Frontier. Haines, Alaska.
- Grand Canyon National Park- North Rim Campground great views/ Dark Sky Park- no guided tours
- Petrified Forest National Park
- Saguaro National Park
Ajo: 45 min from Mexico
- Cabreza Priesta National Wildlife Refuge- North of AJo
- Abandoned Copper Mine
- Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument
- Hiking, biking, ranger programs
- Artist Festival
- Painted Rock State Park
- Hundreds of Pre-historic Petroglyphs
- German Sausage Company
- Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix:
- Lost Dutchman State Park –visit Superstition Mountain & Casa grande Ruins
Lake Havasu City:
- 24 working lighthouses
- Balloon Festival and Fair in January
- Park in Bullhead City
- Lake Havasu Museum of history
- Hiking-challenging trails in SARA park
- Birding at nearby Havasu National Wildlife Refuge
- Lake Havasu Trolley
- 20 all-terrain trails within easy driving distance – sand dunes, canyons and open desert Jeeping
- Desert Bar: 35ish miles from Lake Havasu
- Bronze statue @ Monument Park at the west end of town
- Navajo jewelry store
- Eat: Rod’s Steak House, Red Raven Restaurant down town
- Bearizona a wildlife park experience from your vehicle
- Grand Canyon Deer Farm is located eight miles east of Williams
- Planes of Fame Air Museum
Things to See:
- Sunset Crater Volcano- Trek through the self-guided Lava Flow Nature Trail at Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument. Coconino County, Arizona.
- Walnut Canyon: 25 cliff dwellings
- Vermilion Cliffs
- Chiricahua National Monument
- Monument vly Navajo Tribal Park
- South Kaibab Trail
- Take a picture of the painted badlands from the Kachin Point Lookout. Petrified Forest National Park, Arizona.
- Quartzsite in end of January
- Queen Mines RV Park- Bisbee AZ
- Whitewater Draw Wildlife Area
- Las Ciengas Conservation Area
- Coronado National Forest
- Ft Bowie Historic Site
- Superstition Mountain
- Gourd Farm
- Ghost town of Hedges/Tumco
- BLM Tumco next to mine free
- Hot Springs National Park
Thing to See
- Johnny Cash boyhood home- 924 Dyess on County Road
- Canoe the Buffalo National River, Arkansas.
- Channel Islands National Park – East Anacapa Island
- Death Valley National Park
- Joshua Tree National Pk- Dark Sky Park- Summers Night Sky Programs from February thru May
- Kings Canyon National pk
- Lassen Volcanic Pk
- Redwood National pk
- Sequoia National pk
- Yosemite National Pk
- Hot tub
- Visit Death Valley’s mysterious Racetrack Playa, California. Racetrack, where rocks mysteriously move and leave trails along a dry lakebed
- 49er encampment – Nov http://www.deathvalley49er.org
Yosemite National Park:
- Experience the awe-inspiring fury of Yosemite Falls at the Yosemite National Park
- View Half Dome
Joshua Tree: Dark Sky Program Feb-May
- Stargazing- cottonwood Campground at Oasis Visitor Center
- Surf City Nights in Huntington Beach music, and a farmer market every Tuesday 5-9
- Camp just outside of Disneyland at the Anaheim Harbor RV Park and walk to the Magic Kingdom just in time for the opening ceremony on Main Street U.S.A. Anaheim, California
Culver City: Third wed 5-9 music, art & more downtownculvercity.com
- Seal Sanctuary
- Carpentaria Farmers Market Thursdays 3-6:30
- Carpentaria First Fridays – Festive and fun first Friday of each month celebration along Linden Avenue
- Carpentaria Avocado festival
- Carpentaria Salt Marsh Nature Park, 110 acres
- Stop by the National Salute to Bob Hope and the Military in front of the USS Midway in San Diego, CA.
- El Indio – Mexican Restaurant a fast food/sit down feel-they make their own tortillas
- North Park during Ray at night: art, live performance and food vendors second Saturday 6-10 norhtparkarts.org
- Invention festival
- Salute the brave American pooches and their handlers at the West Coast War Dog Memorial outside of the March Field Air Force Base. Riverside, California.
- Take a ride down on of the most beautiful highways in the world – Highway 1. Visit the Hearst Castle.
- Escondido Falls: lamountains.com
- Monrovia Canyon Falls: Monrovia Canyon Pk
- Nature center
- 1.5 mile journey through oaks and alders 30ft waterfall cityofmonrovia.org
- Eaton Canyon Falls 50ft waterfall
- local flora
- docent led hikes ecnca.org
- Tahquiz Falls tahquitzcanyon.com
- Coachella Vly Wildlife refuge- Thousand Palms Oasis Preserve cochellavalleypreserve.org
- Villagefest: 200booths local art, handcrafts, food every Thur 6-10 Oct-May and 7-10 June-Sept villagefest.org
- Sturtevant Falls – 50ft water fall
Sonoma: Wine Country
Palmdale: Poncitlan Square: open air market, board games, art, music every Thursday 5:30-8:30 – certain months of the years only cityofpalmdale.org/tnots
- Lomita Railroad Museum
- Lomita Park
- Shop: Retro Reload
- Baja Fish Gear
- Eat: Burger City Grill, Alfredo’s Mexican Food, Mr. G’s Coffee Shop
- El Segundo Museum of Art
- Old Town Music Hall
- Automobile Driving Museum
- Shop: Maison Bertet’s, Studio Antiques, Kakanamoku’s Swimboat
- Eat: Jackson’s Food + Drink-flatbread pizza, Rock & Brews
Bakersfield– Trout’s country music place
Bolsa Chico Ecological Reserve
Coloma-Lotus Valley in Northern California: stay at Ponderosa RV Resort
- Red hawk casino
- Gold discovery historic state park
- Wilderness areas
- Rock house Canyon
- Metal Art
- Salton Sea
- Slab City
- Joshua National Park
- Geo Cashing
- Visit one of the largest galleries of vintage coin operated mechanical music makers, strength testers and fortune testers at the Musée Mecanique. San Francisco, California.
- Embrace unobstructed views of ocean sunsets at the Doran Beach Regional Park just north of San Francisco, California.
- Drive by the world’s largest thermometer
- Apatosaurus and Tyrannosaurus Rex off I-10. Cabazon, California
Oxnard’s Channel Island
- music Saturday 4-6 July-Aug channelislandsharbor.org
Pismo Beach: Monarch Butterfly Grove -monarchbutterfly.org
- Julian Pioneer Museum
- Eagle and High Peak Mine Tour
- California Wolf Center
- Shop American Gardner, Julian Book House
- Julian Cider Mill
- Eat: The Julian Grille & Julian Pie Company
- Grateful Dead Archive
- Bay Tree Bookstore
- Santa Cruz Surfing Museum
- Hollywood Sign
- Hollywood walk of Fame
- Venice Beach
- Le Brea Tar Pits. Los Angeles, California.
- Yucca’s –Homemade Tacos & Burritos Taco Stand Look – Spicy Pork Taco is famous
- airport flight-testing museum
- Devil’s Punchbowl
- Arthur F. Ripley Desert Woodland State Park
- Antelope Valley Calif. Poppy Reserve March-May best time to view
- Saddleback Butte State Park
- Pleasant View Ridge Wilderness
- San Gabriel Wilderness
- Sheep Mountain Wilderness
- Cucamonga Wilderness
- Magic Mountain Wilderness
- Off roading at: Littlerock, San Gabriel canyon El Mirage, Rowher Flat
Cherry Valley – Lavender Festival www.123farm.com
- Tijuana River Valley Regional Park
- Vintage Trailer Show ?
- California Missions Walk
- Ancient Bristlecone Forest
- Big Foot Museum? Where?
- San Luis National Wildlife Refuge complex
- San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Baldwin Lake Ecological Reserve – April and early May Wildflower blooming
- Enjoy the abundant wildflowers when you make your spring visit to Sequoia National Park. Near Visalia
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Pk
- Great Sand Dunes National pk & preserve ++
- Mesa Verde National Pk-Ancestral Pueblan people++
- Trail Ridge Road
- Rocky Mountain National Park, Colo.++++ Moraine Park Campground
- Wildlife Viewing, say elk, and deer and the occasional bighorn sheep and bear
Things to See
- Mexican Food- Casa Bonita entertainment, 30ft waterfalls, cliff divers, fresh food, kid entertainment, special-Mexican Donuts
- Ride the Million Dollar Highway in western Colorado
- Go tubing down the Yampa River. Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
- Celestial Seasoning Factory
- Yucca House
Rocky Mountain National Park
- Hike the Alpine Ridge Trail in the Rocky Mountain National Park. Northern Colorado.
- Eat a pizza in Mystic, Connecticut
- Biscayne National Pk
- Dry Tortugas National Pk – Garden Key Campground
- Everglades National Pk
Things to See
- See the manatee Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Take a picture by the Southernmost Point Buoy. Key West, Florida
- Eat Key Lime Pie
- Orlando Wetlands Park- part of Pelican Island – birds wildlife
- Honeymoon Island State Park, Dunedin Florida, Baby Balds and Doggies
- Kennedy Space Center
- Fort Myers Beach: Heavenly biscuits /specializing in breakfast sandwiches on pillow soft biscuits. Cinnamon rolls
- Black Point Wildlife Dr
- Bio lab Road
- Peacocks Pocket RD
- Disney World
- Astronauts & Police Halls of Fame in Titusville
- Merritt Island National Refuge-Titusville
Coastal Georgia RV Resort
- Golden isles of George
- St. Simons –Southern Soul BBQ restaurant
- Jekyll Island – Driftwood beach
- Walk the Sea
- Little St Simon Island
- Savannah, Georgia is voted Top 50 Most Romantic Cities in America.
- Historic District: admire stately old mansion tree draped public squares
- Colonial Cemetery
- Bonaventure Cemetery, Savannah’s most famous
- Fort Pulaski National Monument was in order, a fort meant to guard the river approaches to the city.
- Leopold’s Ice Cream, ranked one of the top 10 in the world
- Forsyth Park Fountain, of which an exact replica resides in Cuzco, Peru.
- The old Cotton Exchange on Factors Walk
Stroll the beach at Cumberland Island National Seashore, Georgia.
- spotted with shells, sand dollars and starfish.
- A concessionaire-operated passenger boat offers scheduled transportation to the island from the small village of St. Marys.
- Enjoy a guided tour in the historic Dungeness Historic District and visit Plum Orchard, an 1890s mansion once owned by the Carnegies. nps.gov/cuis
More Things to See:
- Eat a peach while touring the Martin Luther King Jr. historic site. Atlanta, Georgia.
- Fort Pulaski-Civil War Fort
- Volcanoes National Park
- Haleakala National Pk
Things to See
- Polynesian Cultural Center
- Pearl Harbor
- snorkel at Hanauma Bay
- walk the lagoons
- Ko’Olina in Kapolei
- watch North Shore surfing in winter
- visit the Pali Lookout
- go to Byodo
- Go swim in Lake Coeur d’Alene at the ultra modern Coeur d’Alene RV Resort. Post Falls, Idaho.
- View the largest ocean of volcanic lava flows in the continental United States at the Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve. Arco, Idaho
- Salmon River near Callis – BLM land
- Wine Country
- Ride down the Magnificent Mile Lake Shore Drive. Chicago, Illinois.
- Take a tour of Abe Lincoln’s house. Observe the size of his home compared to your RV. Springfield, Illinois.
- Stroll through the Garden of Gods at dawn in Shawnee National Forest. Southern Illinois.
- Eat a hamburger under the World’s Largest Catsup Bottle. Collinsville, Illinois.
- Patoka National Wildlife Refuge
- Run the bases at the Field of Dreams. Dyersville, Iowa.
- Concordia: Orphan Train
- Wizard of Oz Museum in Liberal, Kansas
- Boot Hill Museum – Dodge City, Kansas Ref: roadtripamerica
- Dalton Gang Hideout – Meade, Kansas Ref: roadtripamerica
- The Big Well – Greensburg, Kansas Ref: roadtripamerica
- Old Abilene Town – Abilene, Kansas Ref: roadtripamerica
- Mammoth Cave Park
Things to See
- Watch a horse race at Churchill Downs, Louisville, Kentucky.
- Louisville Slugger Baseball Bats, Louisville, Kentucky
- Mardi Gras in New Orléans. ◦Travel Tip: Looking for a place to stay? Try Riverboat Travel Park, only a few miles from the French Quarter. February ish
- French Quarter
- The Spotted Cat Music
- The Maison for music
- Snug Harbor
- Stay at Betty’s RV park or Bayou Segnette State Park
- Bayou Segnette State Park: leave car on Mississippi take Alger ferry drop off in the French Quarter
- See: Bourbon Street- free tours by foot-they work for tips
- Lafayette Cemetery
- Garden district- historical homes
- Lunch- Gumbo/Shrimp
- Fried Okra-Jambalaya
- Jean Lafayette National Historic Park
- Barataria Preserve-Louisiana Wetlands
Bogue Chitto State Park- l
- nature trail
Things to See
- Cajun Country
- Pirate Festival
- Roseate spoonbills, Lake Martin, LA
Tabasco Pepper Sauce, Avery Island, Louisiana
- sample such strange concoctions as raspberry-chipotle ice cream
- Acadia National Pk – Blackwoods Camground
Things to See
- Experience the first rays of sun before anyone else in America
- In the fall, drive or hike up Cadillac Mountain on Maine’s Mt. Desert Island
- Pick blueberries in the eastern-most town in the United States: Lubec, Maine.
- Park Loop Road
- Sight see around Washington DC
- Time your stay on Chesapeake’s Eastern Shore with the migration of the birds south for the winter. Many pass right through the Atlantic Flyaway. ◦Travel Tip: Chesapeake View Campground is the perfect place to put up your feet after a long day of bird watching
- Monocacy National Battlefield, Maryland (March 2014)
- Cape Cod Potato Factory
- Ride the oldest working carousel in the country. Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts. ◦Travel Tip: Martha’s Vineyard Family Campground is the only campground on the island.
- Go whale watching off Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
- Salem witch trial museum
- Chippewa Nature Center’s 1400 Acres of wild in Michigan’s lower peninsula
- Hibernate under the stars at the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lake Shore, Michigan.
- Visit ferry terminal at Mackinac Island, Michigan
- Hell, Michigan- 2 miles long with- 3 RV parks 20 min away, post office, country store, ice cream, creepy
- Voyageurs National Park-Voyage through Voyageurs National Park in Minnesota
- Voyage through Voyageurs National Park in Minnesota.
Things to See
- Mall of America
- Riverfront District
- Touch the one-of-a-kind rock formations in Tishomingo State Park, driving along scenic Natchez Trace Parkway, in Tishomingo County, Mississippi.
- Drive your RV under the St. Louis Arch and beep your horn. As much as you would like.
- Get all dolled up and see a Country show in Branson, Missouri.
- Retrace the steps of two famous explorers when you travel to the coast on the Lewis and Clark Trail. Starting in Independence, Missouri.
- Rocky Ridge Farm in Mansfield, Missouri, built by Wilder and her husband and where Wilder wrote the Little House books.
Buccaneer State Park or Silver Slipper Casino RV park. The park staff will be happy to provide directions.
- Jesse James Farm & Museum – Kearney, Missouri
- Mt. Olivet Cemetery – Kearney, Missouri
- New Orleans French Quarter
- Stennis Space Center / NASA
- Old Town Bay St. Louis
- Beauvoir Jefferson Davis Shrine
- Biloxi Shrimping Trip
- World War II D-Day Museum
- Lynn Meadows Discovery Center
- Aquarium of Americas
- French Market
- Blue Tara Organic Blueberry P-Y-O (Poplarville)
- BlueJack Ridge Ranch (Poplarville)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Fishing License Information
- Crosby Arboretum MSU (Picayune)
- Maritime & Seafood Industry Museum (Biloxi)
Glacier National Park
- Take a dip in the Boiling River – Yellowstone National Park’s most popular natural soaking area. Near Gardiner, Montana.
- See the Mountain Goats
- Going-to-the-Sun Road Glacier National Park, Mont.
Yellowstone: Northern Winter Range late Fall to Spring
- Mule Deer
- Bison & Others
Things to See:
- Venture into the Wild West when you pass through a historic (and haunted) ghost town. Garnet, Montana.
- Ninepipe National Wildlife Refuge
- National Bison Range
- Blackleaf Wildlife Management
Things to See:
- Pine Butte Swamp Preserve
- 150 species of birds
- Benton Lake National Wildlife Refuge
Snap your RV’s photo in front of Carhenge. Create your own miniature Carhenge out of toy cars. Alliance, Nebraska.
- Death Valley National Pk (also located in California)
- Great Basin National Pk- Dark Sky park(good stargazing) close to Las Vegas Dark ranger program Every Wed and Sat evening best spot is the Great Basin parking lot at the end of the Wheeler Peak Scenic Drive the Mather Overlook and the Baker Archaeological Site Astronomy festival held Sept 5 to 7
Hang your shoes on the shoe tree off US 50 in Nevada.
- Las Vegas natural outings birdandhike.com – ref: wheeling it
- Historic Railroad Tunnels Hike/Bike 4.4 mile hike
- Anniversary Narrows Hike
- Overton Wildlife Management Area
- 20 miles south of Boulder City ghost town called Nelson home to the old Techatticup Gold Mine in a spot called Eldorado Canyon.
Burning Man – Aug/Sept?
- Clark County Shooting Complex- 80 RV sites with full hookups
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area- 17 miles West of the Las Vegas Strip
- Mob Museum The National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement
Laughlin: Christmas tree pass
Traveling Rocks – Little Bonnie Claire Playa in Nevada, and most notably Racetrack Playa, Death Valley
Cruise the winding roads of Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire when autumn is in full swing.
- Discover why New Jersey is called the Garden State. Drive through southern New Jersey and along the Appalachian Trail.
- Pineland Reserve & Edwin B. Forsyth national Wildlife Refuge
- Roll the dice in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Atlantic city Boardwalk
- Carlsbad Caverns National Pk
Things to See
- Santa Fe- Tomasitas’s-Mexican Food
- Meet an extraterrestrial. Visit Roswell and Corona, New Mexico
- Eat a breakfast burritos with “Christmas” chili at Tia Sofia’s. Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Visit White Sands
- End of trail festival: Albuquerque
- Three Rivers Petroglyph
- Bandelier Nat’l Monument (NM
- Columbine Canyon Carson Forest
- Hells Kitchen
- Spend a peaceful evening listening to the loons in the Adirondacks.
- Take a picture next to each of Saratoga Springs’ 34 horse statues. Saratoga Springs, New York.
- Get drenched at Niagara Falls
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Great Smoky Mountains National Pk (also located In Tennessee
Drive the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina and Virginia.
- Make a pit stop at iconic Mabry Mill and order a plate of buckwheat pancakes or biscuits and gravy
- visit the historic water-power grist mill. Take along a cooler so you can stop and enjoy a picnic or two at one or more of the many scenic overlooks. blueridgeparkway.org
Things to See
- Elken Creek Yodkin Valley
- South Core Banks
- Cape Lookout National Seashore, N.C.
- Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge, NC
- Theodore Roosevelt National Pk
- Medora, North Dakota –small town near by- post office box, shopping, historic town
- Wild horse
- Prairie dogs
Things to See:
- Peaceful Valley Ranch Horse Trail Rides. At $35 per person for a 90 mi
- For one whole day, avoid the interstate and take the back roads in North Dakota.
- World’s Largest Holstein Cow.
- World’s Largest Statue of a Turtle
- World’s Largest Bison
- World’s Largest Metal Sculpture of Geese Flying Through an Enchanted Sky….
- Ditch the RV and take a buggy ride through Amish Country. Shreve, Ohio. ◦Travel Tip: Think about staying at Whispering Hills RV Park
- Wash your hair in the water fall at Ash Cave. Hocking Hills, Ohio.
- Cincinnati Ohio Parks- birdwatching http://www.cincinnatiparks.com/magrish-riverlands-preserve
- The Pro Football Hall of fame northwest corner of Canton, Ohio- profootballhallof.com
- Ed Galloway’s Totem Pole Park – Foyil, Oklahoma
- Texola Ghost Town – Texola, Oklahoma
- Boise City, Oklahoma – dust bowl
- Meers Store and Restaurant – Lawton, Oklahoma
- Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge – Indiahoma, Oklahoma
- Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum
- Museum of Osteology
Take a boat trip down the Snake River through Hell’s Canyon. Baker City, Oregon.
Sip on wine in the hidden Oregon vineyards of Rogue Valley
Spend the summer on the coast of Oregon
- Lighthouse: Umpqua Lighthouse State Park
- Giant Sand Dune
- Lighthouse- Coquille River Lighthouse
- Sea Stacks
- Cape Blanco
- Crater Lake
- Pubs & outdoor activities
- Newbury National Volcanic monuments
- lava lands visitor center
- Peterson rock garden
- Deschutes Brewery
- Boyd cave- not open to public must find tour
- a lava tube near Bend
- Pioneer wagon-The High Desert Museum
- Smith Rock State Park- rock climbing & picnic
- Old Mill districts former timber mill converted into shopping area-CyclePub-roving bar people drink beer and cycle
- 12 breweries
Things to See:
- Emigrant Lake Country Pk – Ashland Oregon Shakespeare Festive June-mid oct?
- Tillamook Cheese Factory
- Waterfront Park in Portland
- Siuslaw National Forest
- SiskiYou National Forest
- Ft Clatsop National Memorial
- Mt Hood National Forest
- Ringing Rock State Park to see the ringing rocks
- Eat Chocolate in Hershey, PA.
- Tobyhanna Lake at Tobyhanna State Park in Penn- Autumn time
- Philadelphia breakfast cinnamon rolls
- Independence Hall
- Look for a green light at the end of a dock where The Great Gatsby was filmed. Rosecliff Mansion, Newport, Rhode Island
- Easton Bay views
- Cliff Walk http://www.clifwalk.com
- Easton’s Beach south to Ledge Road
- Opulent Mansion
Camp on the beach. Edisto Island, South Carolina
- Charleston Tea Plantation
- Cobblestone Street
- Quaint Café
- Water front Park
- Pubs: sweet Tea
- Meander down Ashley River Road through Charleston, South Carolina.
- Great Smoky Mtn National Pk (also located in North Carolina)- Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee and will have wildflower walks and talks in Spring
Things to See
- Prairie Dogs in May
- See the buffalo roam by taking the Wildlife Loop State Scenic Byway in South Dakota.
- Eat dinner with our Forefathers. Park your RV within sight of Mt. Rushmore and nosh on your favorite American cuisine. ◦
- Badlands Loop State Scenic Byway.
- Crazy Horse Memorial in the Black Hills of South Dakota
- Stock up on supplies at Wall Drug. Wall, South Dakota.
- Black Hills/Deadwood Casino
- Desmet: home of Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Mitchell-The corn Palace-designs made of corn
- Near Custer- Mountain Music Show
- Evans Plunge in Hot Springs
- Wild House Sanctuary
- Buffalo Round Up- Near Custer- Sept
- Badlands Loop Road
- Badlands National Park, S.D.
- Graceland in Memphis-Glue some rhinestones to the soles of your shoes and tour Graceland. Memphis, Tennessee
- Upper Cumberlands
- World’s Longest Yard Sale – the 127 Corridor Sale – in early August. 654 miles, starting in West Unity, Ohio and ending in Gadsden, Alabama. At Jamestown, TN.
- Take a picture on the observation tower at Clingmans Dome, the highest point in Great Smoky Mountains National Park on the border of Tennessee and North Carolina.
- Blast “Coat of Many Colors” and cruise through Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, home of Dollywood.
- Gibson Guitars, Memphis, Tennessee
- Big Bend National Pk – Chisos Basin Campground above 5,000 feet is cooler Scenic views, bird and butterflies spectacular hiking trials
- Guadalupe Mountains National Pk
Fort Worth– Joe T Garicias –Mexican Restaurant with outside area resort like atmosphere, family style fajita chicken with margarita in plastic cup
Big Ben National Park – birding
- Take a guided 4×4 tour along the back roads of Big Bend National Park, Texas.
- Langford Hot Springs. visitbigbend.com
Things to See
- Roseate Spoonbills, High Island, TX
- Texas Rio Grande
- South Padre Island – birding
- Estero Liano Grande State Park
- Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Center: donation fee
- Seminole Canyon St Historical Park north of Del Rio TX around Comstock
- Go batty! View the World’s Largest Urban Bat Colony Austin, Texas.
- Remember the Alamo? Attend an Alamo reenactment. San Antonio, Texas.
- State Fair in Texas/Austin/Dallas
- San Antonio river walk, Alamo
- Houston Space Center
- Arches National PK
- Bryce Canyon National Pk- Dark Sky Park(good stargazing)Dark Rangers good program at Bryce Canyon Lodge annual astronomy festival around June? maybe
- Canyonlands National PK
- Capitol Reef National Pk – Fruita campground
- Zion National Pk
Hunt for prehistoric fossils at the Dinosaur National Monument. Moffat County, Utah.
Canyonlands National Park
- Petroglyphs and pictographs
Zion National Park:
- Parowan Gap Petroglyphs
- Cedar City’s Downtown Historic District
- Cedar Breaks National Monument
- Alpine Pond Trail 2 mile loop
- Cedar Breaks Amphitheater
- Shakespeare Festive June24-Oct 19 bard.org
- Eat: Market Grill the old Cedar Livestock Mrket’s, Pastry Pub
- Kolob Terrace Road
- Kolob Canyon
Bryce Canyon National Park:
Arches National Park:
- Famous delicate Arch
- 26 BLM Campgrounds
- Indulge in free ice cream samples at the Ben & Jerry’s factory near Waterbury,Vermont.
- Walk down Church Street Marketplace in Burlington, Vermont.
- Shenandoah National Pk
Things to See
- Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway from Virginia to North Carolina
- George Washington Birthplace National Monument
- Stratford Halt-Birthplace of Robert E Lee
- Colonial Williamsburg
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Mount Rainier National Pk
- North Cascades National Pk
- Olympic National PK
Grayland stay at Grayland Beach State Park
- Westport Aquarium
- Viking Bowl
- Westport Maritime Museum
- Westport Winery and Restaurant
- Shoalwater Bay Casino
Coupeville- Mosquito Fleet Chili at the waterside café / bowl of spicy red chili & cinnamon rolls
Things to See
- Mt Rainier NP
- Boeing Aircraft, Mukilteo, Washington
- Go wine tasting through the vineyards of Walla Walla, Washington.
- Glass Garden- Seattle
- Forks? To see twilight?
- Camp at the historic United States fort in Fort Flagler State Park. Near Port Townsend, Washington.
- Take a stop at Dinosaur Town, complete with volcano toilets. Granger, Washington.
- Witness the Cathedral of the Bomb at Historic Nuclear Reactor B. Hanford, Washington.
- Venture through the only temperate rainforest in the world. Olympic National Park, Washington.
- Pioneer Square – Seattle Wash
- Pike Place Market in Seattle Wash
- Space Needle
Olympia Peninsula: Olympic Peninsula. Lots of great scenery.
- Ruby beach..beautiful.
- Stop at Hoh Rain Forest
- Lake Quinalt Lodge Kalaloch Lodge
- Lake Crescent,Marymere Falls
- Solduc Hot Springs
- The Saturday Farmer’s market in Port Townsend
- Can also take the ferry from PA to Victoria,BC. Port Townsend,WA, and Poulsbo,WA.
Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge: near Dungeness
- Wildlife- deer seal
- 275 kind of birds
- Dungeness crab& shellfish
Grays Harbor National Wildlife Refuge
- Olympic National Park
- Elk National Park
- Mt Rainier National Park
- Dungarees National Park
- Mt St Helens national Volcano Monument
Damascus hosts what is considered to be the largest congregation of
- App Trail hikers each spring during Trail Days USA, a festival that celebrates the convergence of four trails in town: The Appalachian Trail, U.S. Bicycle Route 76, the Iron Mountain Trail, and the Virginia Creeper Trail. Around Spring May? Appalachian Trail – which is 2,184 miles from Georgia to Maine and takes the average person 6 months – must walk through the town of Damascus. http://www.traildays.us/
Drive over the highest vehicular bridge in the Americas: New River Gorge Bridge near Fayetteville, West Virginia.
Time your West Virginia road trip to coincide with a meteor shower. Drive until there are no lights and stay up all night.
- Door County lighthouses
- Grand Teton National Pk
- Yellowstone National Pk
Things to See
- National Elk Refuge
- Pretend you’re a cowboy or cowgirl for a day. Camp out in the Big Horn Mountains in Wyoming.
- Dinosaur Museum
- Cody– Rocky Mountain MoJoe, a little coffee shop and bakery on the outskirts of downtown bakes buttery cinnamon rolls – cinnamon monkey bread and freshly baked cookies
- Take a full-moon walk at Devils Tower National Monument, Wyoming.
- Visit Fort Laramie National Historic Site during the annual Fur-Trading Days, Wyoming.