This Hawk landed on my backyard fence twice this week. I’m not sure if it’s a Cooper Hawk or Sharp-skinned Hawk Any thoughts?
I looked up Hawks in my Sibley’s bird book. These are the difference between the two Hawks that I could find. Any more difference?
- Thin dark streaks on breast
- Thicker legs than Sharp-skinned Hawk
- Coarse brown streaks on breast
- Thinner legs than Cooper’s
- Smaller than a Cooper Hawk
This hawk sat on my fence looking at our backyard then the next day it sat looking out at the field in back of our yard. It looked like a predator looking for its prey. I think its a Cooper Hawk.
Sharing with : Wild Bird Wednesday, Outdoor Wednesday