Palm Springs Thousand Trails
77500 Varner Rd
Palm Desert, CA 92211
Cellular Coverage: Yes
WiFi: I bring my own
Electric: 30 & 50 amps
Site Pad: dirt unless annual then dirt or concrete
Campfire: No wood or ground fires
The staff & campers are friendly. The sites are tight and some are filled with burrs. (watch out doggies) On Saturday, we spent most of the day at Joshua Tree National Park. This campground is a good base camp for exploring the area. The freeway is close to the campground. Also, I heard a train going by during the day & at night. Watch for wind alerts when driving to Palm Springs. Overall, I would like to come back here and city camp. 🙂
- Talking with the staff and other campers
- I had a good laugh seeing a public pay phone in the pool area.
- I enjoyed walking the perimeter of the park.
- Swimming in the pool & hanging out in the spa with the friendly campers
- Looking at all the palm trees in the park. (its calms me)