“There’s nothing not to like about it. The freedom of being able to pull up, stop, power up anywhere you want – beach or whatever. Set up and have your front yard different every single day. Whatever you want it to be, and to see the country that way – it’s awesome.”
Matthew McConaughey, Actor
The Ellen Show
October 10, 2005
When I say “Its travel day” most people think this
I made this post to clear up misconceptions anyone has when I say in an excited voice “Its travel day!”
Travel day is a big deal to us. Its the day we move from one campsite to another campsite. Its an exciting time for us. Our adrenaline kicks in and we’re ready to go explore new places but we have several thing to do before taking off safely.
On the start of travel day. We fill up the Yeti’s.
Then after a good caffeine fix.
- Eat a power bar or granola bar for breakfast
- I make sure we have healthy travel snacks. (nuts & fruits mostly)
- I shut the propane off.
- I check the refrigerator for any food that could fall out. I put towels around the food. This stops the food from falling out.
- Then I check all the cupboards & doors to make sure nothing could open up while were driving down the road. When I open the cupboards, I put my hand in the shape of a baseball mitt. 🙂
- I move anything that could get in the way of the slides coming in.
- Kevin calls me on the walkie talkie to tell me if all is clear to move the slides in.
- After, the sides are in we put the levelers up and remove the yellow pads under the levelers.
Then, dump the tanks in the right order & unhooking all the hoses.
Also, once the jeep is hooked up we check all the jeep & rv lights & the air pressure in the tires.
Travel Miles: Under 250 miles a day.(most of the time)
We’re traveling to Quartzsite, Arizona to meet new rv club friends & see the big tent show. I’m trying not to overwhelm myself with too many social events at Quartzsite but there are so many friendly people here and I’m an introvert. I’ve got to meet rv friends so here we go. 🙂
Be safe out there!
Happy Travel Day!